Need help

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Kon Kurts

Need help

Post by Kon Kurts »

Hi everyone.
I'm so new at this it's not even funny.
When i load file in to the Cnc machine and open it to do tool settings how do i know Operation 1 , 2 or 3 is, so i can assighn tools to it.
Don't be loughing to much. i'm really new to Ecabinets and cabinet making. :cry:
Oh yea please use plain englishe - i'm also a forenger. :oops:
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Kon,
We've all had our share of what we thought were stupid questions.
You choose which operations you want to be 1,2,3,4, etc. For example, I use this to determine the order the machine picks up tools so that my outline tool is the #4 operation ( i only have 4 bar changer) and it avoids a tool change. But you tell the machine what order you want it to do things. Also note that when you specify tool / operation number, you can also specify if that tool drills routs and / or pockets. Some tools you may want to specify only certain things.

Hope this helps a little.

Rob Davis
Kon Kurts

Post by Kon Kurts »

It das help thank you.
For exemple if i have holes for hinges (4 small and one large, about 1.25\")
I designatet 1/8 tool to drill and it drilled small holes just fine. Large hole is difrente story. It just made a circle with the same bit, didn't clean the pocket. Any advise for me?
Kon Kurts
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Make certain in the operations screen that you have selceted either a spiral pocketing operation, or a traverse or similar to clean the pocket versus just making a circle. Also make sure the tool you are using is allowed to pockeet by checking the pocket box in the tool setup screen.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Kon,

For a hinge cup hole you do not need to pocket this. If you have a .5 tool as one of your operations, choose \"Interpolate\". Then change the \"Max Interploate\" to a number that is higher than 1.25\". It will then use the .5 tool to circle interpolate the hole with no problems.
Kon Kurts

Post by Kon Kurts »

Thank you ALL.
I'll try it later on today and see if it works.
Kon Kurts