Error when nesting

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Error when nesting

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey hows it all going?

i got a job 2 nest and 4 sum reason when i press nest it starts 2 nest then comes up with....

(In blue bar) RnestwithPF

(In grey box) No current record.

if i click ok then the box goes then nothing happens and have 2 click cancel and have 2 try again. I have tried 2 send the job down again. and still the same thing

Thanks

Thom Davies
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Thom,

This issue typically occurs when Control Nesting has a problem nesting a particular part. First try changing the Neste direction and/or angle in the SETTINGS button. If this doesn't work, go to LOAD screen and \"x\" all parts and check one at a time to see if a particular part causes error. Last option, try to reinstall RollingNest software and run any updates to current version.

If this doesn't work for you, please send me your .hsf files so along with the export file from control nesting, so that I can do further testing.

FYI:
The .esj file that you atatched to this posting is unable to be used for testing because I do not have access to the individual cabinet files. The only time a .esj file contains all of this information, is if the cabinets are placed in the room and the esj is made. Batch only provides other user with listing of cabinets.

Hope this helps.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

I'd like to post a correction to a statement I made in the last reply to this topic, under the FYI section:

I stated the only way I can view cabinets from an .esj file, is that if cabinets are placed in room; that if there in a batch I can not look at construction.

It has slipped past, but now in eCab V5B12 you are able to select a batch cabinet to take to the cabinet editor for viewing and are able to save that cabinet to a directory.

Sorry if I've caused any confusion.