editing nested display panels

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Roger Erismann

editing nested display panels

Post by Roger Erismann »

I work at a place that uses e-cabs now(no I work on the floor) however they asked me to look at a display panel they were trying to cut...

Basically a panel with a 1/4x 3/8 dadoe off one long side...well when I used the part editor everything went well however when we went to nest it no dadoe was present....I believe they solved it (by calling Thermwood) however I was curious as to why it does not nest.

Roger

I have included an esj that has two cabs and a display panel, one cab has no mods(nested fine) one I cut a recesed circle in(nested fine) and the display panel (did not nest correctly)

please explain
Attachments
dadoe1.esj
(663.04 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Rodger, I think it didn't nest because because the dado was created as a profile. Profile cuts dont show in the nest. If you want to show it on nest drawings I could just cut a pocket in the part editor. hth
Joe
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

Thanks,

I will give it a shot

Roger
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hey guys,

The reason for the part not showing up when nested is due to the profile cut option being used to create dado, as Joe has mentioned. For verification, I deleted profile cut on panel and created dado using the option \"Cut Pocket using Closed Contour\" and the dado was shown in the nest.