Maintenance Schedule?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dustin Brown

Maintenance Schedule?

Post by Dustin Brown »

I just started a new job a couple of weeks ago, and they have a Thermwood 5 axis router. I believe it is a Model 70(?). There isn't much information that they seem to have on it. Most of the questions I ask about it are usually answered with \"I think......\". For instance, the RPM of the spindle isn't know (they think it's 22000). I've also noticed that they do not use rapid moves (G00), but instead program moves where rapid would be used with a feedrate of 1200ipm. Is that the max feedrate?

One of the tasks I've been given, is comming up with a maintenance schedule. Mostly preventive maintenance. I was wondering if there is any information online that I can refer to. I've noticed that the machine uses no oil, but I see alot of points around the machine to add grease. Is there a set interval that grease would need to be checked/added?

Any other information about maintenance issues with the thermwood machines would be helpful.

Thanks. Dustin.
I hear and I foget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Dustin,

If you give me a call (1800 221 3865) with the actual machine number ( C70 _ _ _ ), I can track down the records for your particular machine and find out what kind of equipment it has on it and then give you the specs your wanting, they vary on certain machines.

As far as maintenance on your machine is concerned, it would be best that you contact our service dept. here at Thermwood for further discussion.

I hope this information has been helpful.
Dustin Brown

Post by Dustin Brown »

Ryan, thanks for the reply. I will get the information tomorrow and get back with you.

Mind if I ask what time zone you are in, and what times are good to get ahold of you.
I hear and I foget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

I am in CST zone. Thermwood programming service is open from 7:00 -4:00.
Dustin Brown

Post by Dustin Brown »

Ryan, would it be ok if I emailed you with the information? I'm affraid my hours wouldn't allow me to call you during your operating hours.
I hear and I foget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand