More DXF problems Pocketing errors etc.

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

More DXF problems Pocketing errors etc.

Post by Nick M Singer »

I am using RN 5.13 and cut a job yesterday from some DXFs encountering the following errors. A pocket machined +_ 10mm wider than delineated and a Chaincompin operation +_ 1.5 mm shallower than required. Any ideas? I also want to know if it is a problem to let one Dado run into another?
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Nick,
This could be something as simple as a mis-measured tool, but I doubt it. Please send in your cab file and the dxf drawing to program@thermwood.com and we'll see what we can find. Attach your contact information so I can give you a call when I find something.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Thanks for your reply Daniel. No it is not a tool length error because the outline cut and the other pocket were at the right depth and it does not explain the error of the width. I will mail you the DXF
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Paul,

I will be taking a look at your dxf file if you send it to program@thermwood.com. The depth cut issue could certainly be due to the incorrect daylight measurement of the tool being used. You will need to be sure your spoilboard is flat (Flycut it if necessary), then, it would be a good idea to double check your auto tool sensor setup (instruction in Blue hardback 91000 Super Control Manual). The side to side error your seeing is definetly strange here and we'd need to see dxf to understand. There should be no problems with having dados overlap one another. One note for overlapping geometry of any kind, be sure the geometry that runs parallel is not directly on top one another (offset by at least .001\").

I'll be looking for your file for further view into this situation.

Thanks!