control nesting problem and other problems

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Steven C Wyllie

control nesting problem and other problems

Post by Steven C Wyllie »

we recently upgraded to version 5.15 from 5.11 or 5.10 not sure or 5.08.
befroe we upgraded we tried to nest a new job and recieved and error stating saying the it cant run a dado operation and the jist of it is that all of our files new old we turning up with that error out of the blue we ran the machine fine a day ago and the nesxt morning it was busted no clue wat happened. so we updated to 5.15 and our files are all good now but we are having other problems. the machine was ignoring the tool groups with out the ignore groups selected and yes i do have materials specified to use certain groups. like most of our 3/4 and 1 inch material uses a 3/8 up down compresion for the out line and our 1/2 and 1/4 material uses the 1/4 tool. also when i added a sheet the machine ran the parts on the added sheet and then went on to the next full sheet but instead of cutting the parts out it routed in the air and cut nothing, when i removed the added sheet it was ok but we usually have added sheets so thats a problem to be fixed.

why did all of a sudden our good files that were good at the end of one day go corrupted or something in the morning of the nextday ya we shut down the machine and everything was ok then we started it up the next mornin and it was bad we updated to 5.15 and that fixed it but does it make sence for our files to spontaneously corrupt and the only way to fix it is to get the new update kinda weird cause it was workin fine for us with 5.11 till it just corupted.

on some drawer parts i ran today with 5.15 the router put instead of 90 angles like it should on the corners of the parts it put some degree of angle and no the parts didnt slip did this on the males drawers.

the machine should recognize all routes whether it is the outline or a detail route that excedes the outline cut the machine is not compensating for any tool that besides the tool doing the outline cut
i should consider all tools being used and space parts accordingly
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Steve,

You will need to send all of your files in for review so we can see exactly what your seeing:
- Export File from Control Nesting
- Dxf or Twd files nesting
- .hsf or esa files if nesting eCab parts

I assume your nesting dxf files? If so, the outline cut is the only cut utilized for nesting. When having any cuts exceed the outline cut you must apply additional part clearance in the SETTING area to avoid possible cutter collision to adjacent parts. You can send files to program@thermwood.com

Thanks!
Steven C Wyllie

well in the last line which i put i need to consider i for got the T and it was suppose to be it should consider as i am talkin about the therwood machine needing to consider all the tools used

well i am runnin a program and there is no added sheet and the machine is air routing on all of the sheets so i will send u that file but i think there is something majorly wrong with the 5.15 update

like i said before we were runnin 5.11 and we ran it for a while untill at the end of one of our work days we shut down and at the beginnin of the next day all of our files have become corrupted so thats really the only problem we had with 5.11 we would go back to 5.11 but we dont have the 5.11 file downloaded
but yea just having lots of problems

ecabinet program
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Steven,

As I've requested, I'd like to see the files being nested and if you could send the cnc file for review, this would be helpful for me to help isolate this issue as well.

Note: Due to the nature of this issue your explaining, I would like for you make sure your control cabinet has an independant ground rod, grounding your control system. This will ensure proper grounding. If controller is not properly grounded I've seen issue with an odd nature as such appear.
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Steven,

As you and I discussed while looking at your cnc file on Virtual Service, this issue seems to stem from a tool management issue on your control. This issue should be corrected by running the rebuild program and making sure position #1 on the barstyle changer is actually in the router. We verified that this is not a Control nesting issue due to the fact that all z axis movements are posted in cnc code correctly. As we observed the fixuture offset values for the z axis when cnc program was running, the offsets were not being applied, this indicating a tooling setup issue with THM software.

Please contact me if you continue to have issues and I will be sure to get you up and running.

Thanks!
Steven C Wyllie

well for the most part we are up and running and i have no clue why that job freaked out like it did but we are running more jobs and everyti=hing is seeming to be ok so thank you very much for the help u have given me
Ryan Hochgesang

Steven,

Great to hear! Thanks for the update.

Let us know if you ever need any assistance and we'll be glad to help:
email: program@thermwood.com
phone: 1 800 221 3865 (ask for programming assistance)