MDF Door Causes Excessive Memory Allocation

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeff Whippo

MDF Door Causes Excessive Memory Allocation

Post by Jeff Whippo »

Hi

(Ecab 5 Built 12)

Found a weird problem today. Wanted to change existing kitchen that had door/drawer fronts from \"alternate source\" to a MDF door that I customized with inside/outisde profiles to create a one piece mdf door. When I started, the esj file was about 10 Meg. The first thing I noticed when I started changing doors (from the custom layout area) is that the operation took a long time (several minutes with say 6 cabinets selected). Then I noticed that after I was done, the nesting would not work and would \"hang\". Have a total of 19 cabinets. Ran into memory limitations when trying to save file - had to change a door at a time and save, door at a time, save, etc, etc. Noticed that that 10Meg esj had more than doubled by the time I had changed all my doors to that one piece mdf door.

Computer is a dell Precision M70 with 1Gig Ram. Not sure what video is in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff Whippo
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Jeff

For future postings I would advise you to post them on the ecabinets forum instead of this forum. You might find that you will get help not only from the Thermwood stall but from other customers as well. This forum is used for CNC questions and issues. I will get a hold of you and try to walk you through a few things on your computer. Thank you and if you have any questions feel free to call me at 1-800-533-6901 ext. 227