Just an idea

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Just an idea

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Hows it all going?

I was just wondering if on the labels on drawer boxes if it could tell you wot part thats cut belongs to which drawer? cos in ecab it says drawer box 1,2,3,4 and so on. so why cant the label tell you wot part (e.g. Right side from drawer box 3) The reason this would be very helpful is when i loose parts on the thermwood ( i use 12mm white board and some times the drawers can be narow and long) its very hard to find out from the label what size that part is when i have to send the lost parts down from ecab.

Thanks

Thom Davies
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Thom,

I've discussed this request with our Software Engineering group here at THM and we will certainly work on this. It is our intention to get the user defined name functionality to handle this. We are also planning to offer label editing capabilities in the future as well.

Thanks for your input!
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

I have to second Thom's request... and expand it to shelves, partitions, stretchers, doors, and drawer faces. In addition to the label, it would be helpful if the number were also on the nest diagram.

Finding the part in CN that needs to be recut should not require a tape measure. And when you have parts of the same size and description made from different materials... currently your only option is to guess.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

gotta put my two cents in here too. i'd like to see a distinction between fixed and adjustable shelves on the labels. this has been brought up by the guys down the line a couple of times now.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Mark.

Yeah that would be a very good idea as well!