Amana v groove tool

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Roger Erismann

Amana v groove tool

Post by Roger Erismann »

How can I get this profile loaded into the modeler so I can cut with it....using e-cabs

we want to mitre a whole bunch of panels and I was thinking that we could upload a DXF of the tool and then use the parts editor...(after creating the tool)

Am I wrong here....is there a better way....given my resources(e-cabs and a thermwood router)

I will post on the software forum also

Thanks
Attachments
mitre bit.jpg
mitre bit.jpg (8.55 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Roger,

First, you will need to create the tool geometry in eCab using the shape manager. To do this, you can either draw with construction tools available in eCab shape manager or you can import a DXF image. Once you've saved the shape as a .x_t file, then you can create the tool (.tol) file. Now your ready to design your panel using the Part Editor, and then create the .twd file needed for the CNC machine. Once you get out to the CNC machine, you will need to setup your groove tool in the Tool Manager (F10, F9, F2) of the machine as well as in the Profile Modeler Tool setup. By setting tool up in tool manager, this will associate the T#, Actuator and Toolchanger Setup for proper tool selection during auto toolchange. Then you will need to setup the tool in TOOLING option of Profile Modeler. Once all tooling is setup and you are ready to load .twd file into the Profile Modeler for verification and writing of CNC code, you will need to select the particular Region that you will be machining with the Groove tool, and then select the CUSTOM option to allow the machine to use the groove tool to make a single pass with that profile tool.

Hope this helps!
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

so did you kick all that out from the top of your head? very cool Ryan I got the tool done allready I was unsure about what happens at the CNC...
Wood Butcher/Case Maker