New problem to us

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Rob Davis
Guru Member

New problem to us

Post by Rob Davis »

I have looked everywhere I can think of and now I am wondering if it is an upgrade problem....?

We loaded 5.1 Bld 2 the other day from 5.0 Bld 15. I've been leery about jumping on new releases too quickly for fear of messing up existing jobs. Today when we ran a new job we just made, the blind dados are not machining properly.

The \"tab\" is made by our 1/4\" tool making the tab and then we outline with a 3/8 that makes the tab. The problem is that the 1/4\" tool is not in the right place and leaves material on the outboard side of the blind dado and cuts too far to the inboard side and makes a relief. It won't necessarily hurt the cabinet but this is new to us and never seen it before. On a face frame cabinet it is not a huge issue but on a framelss cabinet it will be troublesome.

Is this us or has someone else seen this problem? We have checked tool diameters, zero the machine, verified our paramters, etc. The parts appear correct in eCabinets but when actually cut they are not right. It is likely same stupid thing we have done but we can't identify it so we are relying on the experts.
Anybody got a help here?
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Rob,

Are you running the latest Control Nesting Version (V5.22)?
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

No, been running 5.13 but just downloaded 5.22 and will install after this run. Would that do it?
Ryan Hochgesang

If this does not fix your issues, I will need the files causing these issues to occure, so that further testing can be done.

Files needed:
- Export file from Control Nesting (Thermwood Controller)
- .esj (if part derived from a job in eCab)
- .esa (if part derived from an Assembly in eCab)
- .dxf (if part created in CAD/CAM system)

You can email the files to program@thermwood.com (Please include your name and contact info.)
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

If there were a rock big enough, I'd crawl under it right now! Problem resolved. My operator used a resharpened tool and it was smaller than the diameter in the program. So outline is off and that's what was leaving a fin. :oops:

It is usually something stupid we did! I just couldn't find it this time until I started not taking everybody's word and double checking. Sorry for the trouble. As usual, you guys are great and willing to help even when we are the idiots!

(I was a blond before I was gray)
Ryan Hochgesang

You guys are NOT idiots. Thanks for double checking things and getting back to us with your find.