How long take the CNC router to write the cnc code(G code)

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

geoffrey_au

How long take the CNC router to write the cnc code(G code)

Post by geoffrey_au »

Hi everybody,

I am newbie here, my company just bought the new CNC router.we are using eCabinet software to make batch file to tranfer to TWD file.After i load the file into CNC router, than write the CNC code, it also take 45 min to finish writing that CNC. It come out what have make 17 sheet of 4 X 7.Is it normal?
And i have 1 more question. If i have load that file in the CNC router. Is it that file will stay in the CNC router. For example, i have only cut 2 sheet for 1 day, how about next day i have to load that file write the CNC code again.

Thank you.
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Hi Geoffrey_au

To write the CNC code on the controller for 14 sheets shouldn't take 45 minutes. We average 3 to 5 minutes for 20 to 30 - 4 x 8 sheets.

The answer to your second question is yes. Once you have written the .twd file to CNC code it remains in the rollingnest/CNC directory. If you have a specific file you want to run several times, you can simply go into the directory and load the file created from your original .twd and run the program again.

Mark
geoffrey_au

Post by geoffrey_au »

Thank you man,

I will try it again tomorrow, when i get back to shop.

Once again , thank you very much.

Geoffrey
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

geoffrey_au

If your \"part rotation step angle\" in your settings area is set too low the controller can take a very long time to nest. Generally this should be set to 90.
Check this and let us know.