nested carvings

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

nested carvings

Post by Joe Soto »

I created a slab door with an inset carving at 100% and the twd in the cabinet editor. At the control I changed the quanity to 2. It nested and carved great, but when it went to cut the outline it cut in mid air. But that was a good thing because if it would have cut the outline I might have had 4 half carvings. :? I think the carvings could have left an offset or was just a fluke. Every once in a great while the code calls for tool #102 for an outline, since I dont have it in my tooling it cuts in mid air. So I did a manual panel input and cut them out no problem. Well I needed a different carving on 2 more doors and had the same problem again. Im using cn 5.23 and e-cab v5.1 build 2
Thanks Joe
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Joe,
I need some information from you.....Post these files on the forum or send to program@thermwood.com

.hsf file from ecabs (Cabinet file)
export data from rolling nest (on your controller)

Note: When running the carving program, you are promted to either run the part or trace the outline of the carving.

When you trace the outline, the tool comes out and just executes an outline toolpath of the carving. This is for you to verify that the carving will be in the correct place on the piece you are trying to cut.
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

Todd, I didn't save the doors, I just made the .twd from the editor .I'm in the middle of cutting 16 sheet so I can't export now but I will send it later.
The carvings are in the correct place and are inset so they don't have an outline. The outline I was refering to was the door outline.
Thanks, Joe
Attachments
morgan oak leaves.zip
(114.18 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
morgan oak leaves.zip
(767 Bytes) Downloaded 287 times
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

Todd, here is the export data and the .esa file.
Joe
Attachments
for todd.zip
(390.67 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Joe,
Thanks! I will look into this ASAP!
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Joe,
Everything looks fine on my end! Why would the machine be calling tool#102, when it isn't even set up in your tool manager? Thats the strange part.