here's a new one...

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

here's a new one...

Post by Mark Hesketh »

loaded up a group of 3 ecabinet jobs into one cut batch, as i always do. turned off a few parts from each job, so as to only nest the white melamine parts (3/4\", 5/8\", and 1/2\"). Now here is the problem:

-all of the parts (so far as i can tell) for job 1 loaded and nested properly
-all of the parts (so far as i can tell) for job 3 loaded and nexted properly
-all of the 1/2\" and 5/8\" (backs and shelves) parts for job 2 loaded and nested properly, but only the 3/4\" parts for the first 2 cabinets in the list nested.

i didn't even realize the problem until i was well into the job and only had 7 parts total for job 2.

any hints as to why/how this could have happened? makes me kinda worried that the guys down the line are going to be missing parts to other jobs. i triple checked to make sure that i hadn't turned off the other parts. and that wouldn't explain why all the backs and shelves nested fine. i have gone back and re-loaded job 2 and all the parts appear to have loaded and nested properly this time.

i am using CN v5.25
Pete Riddle

Post by Pete Riddle »

Mark,

I
ve not seen this problem. Can you send me the job in question to program@thermwood.com. I'll have a look at it. Also give me step by step of what you turned off. I'll try to reproduce it, but it may be tough.

Thanks,
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

I only saw this one time. The problem turned out to be a user part name with an Inch mark (\") in the name.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Pete Riddle

Post by Pete Riddle »

Mark,

I wish I could say that I found something, but I can't. I took your job and nested it several times and had the exact same part count each time. Unless some fat fingering happened I'm not sure what to say.

Thanks,
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

i kinda figured this would be one of those \"it could only happen to me because i am just so lucky\" things.

i did catch it and get all the parts cut, it just left me perplexed.

btw, sorry about the large font, red colour in my original post... didn't realize it would come out quite as blatant as it did :shock:

thanks for taking a look at it anyways