C-marker adjustment

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Eric Montbriand

C-marker adjustment

Post by Eric Montbriand »

We just had the ballnuts changed on both tables of our machine. The technician did not normalize each axis properly after doing this. Actually he didn't even normalize at all. This caused problems when production got started because the axis with the bar tool changers was off signifiganly enough to screw up tool changing.

I noticed by pressing F6 F1 then theres F2 which is C-marker offset adjust. Is it possible to adjust the C-marker temporaily until we can take time to properly reset the C-marker?
Carl Jones
Thermwood Team

Post by Carl Jones »

Hi Eric, You can't use those c-marker offsets to adjust that. You use the c-marker offsets to get the tables even across the fronts. After that, you find new tool pick-up locations and put those numbers into the tool manager. F9, F3 and the password is \"toolman\". Give us a call in service if you need any help. 1-800-221-3865 Thanks
Thermwood Technician
Carl Jones
Thermwood Team

Post by Carl Jones »

Hello Eric, what company are you with? I am going to look into this a little further. Thanks
Thermwood Technician
Eric Montbriand

c-marker adjust

Post by Eric Montbriand »

Thanks Carl, i made the adjustment, everytime i did i homed the machine and got the tables close to lined up to each other. I didn't need to re-set the tool pick up locations though. I think we absolutely need to normalize both tables to get back to normal. I'm just the operator, managment has the say so on when we can shut it down and do the work due to our large production load.