Super Control Cabinet Display Cover

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Super Control Cabinet Display Cover

Post by Will Williamson »

I've just took my control cabinet apart and replaced the plastic monitor cover .The problem was that it was sliding down and the glue residue was blocking the top of my screen.I redesigned the part and replaced it .If intrested I will send dxf file of new part . While attending class at thermwood recently I noticed that other super control cabinets had the same proplem and it is also letting dust enter the cabinet .
I also suggest that thermwood add a bracket on the bottom of the monitor similuar to the one used on top bracket.
It may be unrelated but my keys (esc 1 2 tab `~)that are located on the top left of the on board key pad no longer function and I have had to add an auxillary key board
Also I'm not sure of of the material used by thermwood but I replaced the part with scratch resistant macrolon
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Will,

You may want to check to be sure your AC unit is working properly on your control cabinet, to ensure that it is not getting too hot inside. If the temp is up, this will cause the tape to loose it's holding capability, allowing monitor shield to slide down.

If your keyobaord is not working correctly, it would be a good idea to remove (enter right side of control cabinet to access) it and clean out with compressed air. If it still doesn't work after cleaning, try to plug in a key board that you know for sure works, to see if control keyboard is faulty. Contact Thermwood (1800 221 3865, ask for Field Service Dept.) if you would like to order another keyboard.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

the AC appears to be functioning between 75 and 80 degrees I still have a gap under the nonitor I will eventually get around to drilling a hole and installing a bracket It was the trainig unit that showed signs of glue across the top and they had no AC
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

75-80 degrees is sufficient.