Error Message

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tim Wright

Error Message

Post by Tim Wright »

hello,
I am getting a error when writing cnc code. once i have writin the code i have bein back an read it and it says 'Tool size between 33mm an 16mm not set up in tooling i know its for the dados. i have set up the material in the tooling an cant understand why the error is still appearing. t would great if you could help
Thanks,
Tim Wright
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Tim,

This error will occur if there is no tool is setup, which can make Dado cut within two passes. This could be two things, Dado dia. is to small for all tools listed or Dado is to large (cutter unable to complete in one inner perimeter pass). When machining Dados on the smaller side (near cutter dia.) There must be room for the cutter to comp (approx. .005\"<.1 mm>) to right or left side of cut when entering cut for dado. On the other end of this senario, the cutter must be large enough to cut the dado within a single pass around inner perimeter of Dado (ex: .75\" <.03mm> dia. dado / 2 = .375\" <.02 mm> cutter).

I hope this information has been helpful. If you continue to have trouble, please send a copy of your EXPORT file along with the cabinet file (.hsf) to program@thermwood.com and we will be glad to review your situation.
Pete Riddle

Post by Pete Riddle »

Tim,

What you are seeing is because CN is looking for a tool to perform a specific function on a particular panel. To help determine what the actual problem is and where it's referencing, scroll down through your program. You will eventually find an operation that, again, has no tool assigned. The error should appear as something like this;

ERROR: Tool size (.??) and (.??) not set up in tooling.

Immediatley after that there will be a line of G&M code with the operation that was to be attempted in a comment box next to it, ie (Dado)

Above this you will also find the Sheet and Part information that will help you identify where the problem is.

Once you know where your problem is then you can begin to solve it. If it is a dado make sure your pocket tool settings are correct in \"Settings\". Then make sure you have the same tool configured properly in \"Tooling\".

Note: This error can also occur when you have very small hidden holes in your part and you do not have an operation tool small enough to machine them. This is usually a problem with the part design, not Control Nesting settings.

If this does not help you solve your problem feel free to give us a call here at Thermwwod. You can also Export the .cab file from Control Nesting and forward it along with the .twd you are trying to nest to;

program@thermwood.com

Someone will have a look at your settings and let you know where your problem is.

Thanks,