Huge job causing bug

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Huge job causing bug

Post by DanFecteau »

I have a huge job that is in the rolling nest, I'm trying to load another job but cause of the huge one already loaded when I hit the Load button nothings happen , I think it kind of freeze, I've been waiting for almost 1 hour and a half hoping it would finaly open but I don't think it will.......I can't figure how I can go around this ???

Thank you
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Dan,

Try going into your rolling nest folder and double clicking another file. It should open up control nest and automaticaly nest the new file. The other possible thing is going thru the hard drive and removing the problem file.

Forrest
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Still have the same problem

Post by DanFecteau »

It worked out but I still can't load anything directly from the rolling nest, I have to load my program directly in file, load, and load the cnc file....what's the problem ???
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

I've had this happen quite a bit recently. I force the program to close, send the error report to microsfot as requested just for fun, and then re-install the latest control nesting update. when you re-install it, it will give you the option to repair it, use this option. when you go back into control nesting, the job will be unloaded and it will run fine again.
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Fixed

Post by DanFecteau »

Ok thank you very much, I tried that but not modify.....
MarcoKnjaschewitsch

Post by MarcoKnjaschewitsch »

I'm having a issue like this at the control where it looks like it just locks up...But i wait like 10 minutes and it loads...It seems to look frozen but its when i add huge jobs in the nest together...I dunno....
Greg Cannon

Post by Greg Cannon »

I had the same issue. I had a DXF that would take HOURS to process. At first I assumed that the machine had locked up. I kept turning the power off to restart. Finally, curiosity got the best of me and I let it process overnight. The next day, I found that it had eventually completed.

The short answer: Add more RAM. I bumped my RAM from 512 MB to 2 GB and could process the same file in about 8 minutes.

The long answer: Once I solved how to process a big file faster, I still found that Control Nesting couldn't handle a DXF file w/ a large number of polylines and would error out. (We had to call the customer and tell them that we just couldn't produce the job.) But at least my CNC machine wasn't \"locking up\" or holding up production any more.