Is anyone using the Dual table, Dual head on Control nesting

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Is anyone using the Dual table, Dual head on Control nesting

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

(Sorry if this seems like a dual post but had no replies in Ecab forum so I am trying here)

Just wondering if anyone is using the Dual table or Dual head option on Control nesting with an Ecab job or DXF files. I am in the process of upgrading our C42 to have an ATC plate on the back of each table so we can have 4 tools per head with 2 drills per head also. Our tables are 5 x 5 and we usually run them (G26YV) pendulum with both heads running (G61ZW). Therefore our material will have to be limited to a 30\"x 60\" area.

I am not looking to run big kitchen cabinet jobs on this CNC, that's what the C40 is for, but want to take Ecab to the Mass production level. Design one project with blind dado, puzzle, KD fittings or full dado and be able to make 100's of them without having to make a dedicated spoilboard for each design. Thank you and I look forward to your input,
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Mike wrote: Just wondering if anyone is using the Dual table or Dual head option on Control nesting with an Ecab job or DXF files. I am in the process of upgrading our C42 to have an ATC plate on the back of each table so we can have 4 tools per head with 2 drills per head also. Our tables are 5 x 5 and we usually run them (G26YV) pendulum with both heads running (G61ZW). Therefore our material will have to be limited to a 30"x 60" area.
If you are going to slave the tables, you may run into trouble because of the spacing between the spindles. Can your left table spindle reach, and cut on every inch of the right table? If so, you should have no problem. But with the 2 drill units per head you are increasing the distance between your heads, and reducing the range of the heads.

If you are going to run a pendulum cycle you will limit yourself to the size of your material. In this case 5 X 5 sheets.
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Hey Todd,
Yes I know I have some limitations but I look at the advantages. I will have to run some tests when I get it up and running. I know that I have a 5x5 limit but I think I will even have to drop it down to 30\" x 60\" in order to use W as the slave head. As long as I can design my parts under 29\" wide by 59 high it will work more than twice as fast as the C40.

So even with about 60+ views on Ecab and this forum, I guess I am the only C42 twin table, twin head CNC guy thinking about using CN and Ecab on it. If someone else has either a twin table or twin heads that might be helpful also.

thanks,
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1