Control Nesting: Printing the \"Load\" Tree

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Greg Cannon

Control Nesting: Printing the \"Load\" Tree

Post by Greg Cannon »

In Control Nesting, I have added several jobs (doors, in this case). After adjusting the quantity to be run, I would like to print this list.

While I already print the labels and sheets after nesting, these reports do not contain the dimension or quantity information like the \"Load\" page does.

Does this ability exist? If not, please consider this a feature request.
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

there is an option that you can turn on to include the dimensions of each part on your nesting sheet printouts. as fas as I know there is no \"sumary\" report feature though.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi Mark,
Do you know where to turn on the part size info for the nesting sheet? That just might be handy at times..
Thanks,
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Doug Gilford

These new labels might be of hep

Post by Doug Gilford »

Mark

REFER TO MY PREVIOUS POSTING RE: \"THERMWOOD CNC ROUTER LABELS\"

I have created a new label for use on your CNC. This label includes the size of the parts (amongst other things)

This may help you for now

This new label
a) emphasises the Batch / Cabinet number making it easily identifiable even at a distance of a few feet.

b) It also emphasises the Name of the part.

c) and it also prints the precise size of the part making post machine operations and part identification simpler
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Michael/Greg:

when you hit the print button, there is a new button (new a few updates ago) for \"sheet settings\". click on this and there is an option box for printing part width and length. this will add the dimensions to the nest sheet printouts. and as Doug mentioned, he has created a new label that contains this info as well. i haven't tried Dougs new label, but it sounds good. i have been using the dimensions on the nest sheet printouts, and love it. now i can give the beam wsaw opperator all of my backs to cut when he has nothing better to do, the dimensions are all right there.

Doug:

is there any way that the part names could include a number when there are multiples, so that if one moves and gets destroyed during cutting, it is easy to figure out which part to re-cut. we have some corner cabinets with \"shelves\" that i have edited to basically become stretchers that match the shape of the cabinet. the names all come up as \"shelf\" though, and it is hard to match the dimensions listed for an angled part to the part. just figured that if the part names all came up as say \"shelf 1\", \"shelf 2\", etc, it might make things easier.
Doug Gilford

label

Post by Doug Gilford »

R u saying that the problem is that u have more than 1 shelf per cabinet and the each one is potentially different but currently named exactly the same?

Is it a cabinet from you library or was it created on the fly as a 1 off ?

Either way I think even though anything is possible with the label itself the simplest apprach is to create a unique name for each part within eCabinets itself. Then by saving the cabinet u don't have to do it again.

Right click the part and select USER PART NAME from the list
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Doug. I have several cabinets in my library that have multiple shelves that are slightly different depending on where they lie within the cabinet. For some reason, if I am to loose any part in a cut batch, it tends to be one of these shelves from a corner cabinet... machine always nests them on a 45 degree angle to the rest of the pieces and thinks that they are large parts (calculated from the overal dimensions when part is on the 45 degree angle as far as I can tell) and won't do a double-pass. I have tried using the user-defined names on a couple of cabinets because of this, but the part name that prints on the nest sheet printout and on the label just reverts to the basic \"shelf\". Maybe this is just a glitch on my part, I don't know, but I have yet to get that to work.
Doug Gilford

Cabinet & Part Nomenclature

Post by Doug Gilford »

Mark
You mentioned \"I have tried using the user-defined names on a couple of cabinets \".

This is the problem. You need to rename each of the shelves. Not rename the cabinet.

Hover your mouse over each shelf, one at a time, and right click. From the drop down menu, select \"User Part Name\". Give each of those \"shelves\" (ala rails) a unique name, ie; \"Lower Rail\", \"Mid Rail\", \"Top Rail\" etc.

If you do this, I will gaurantee that the label WILL change. I promise.

Let me know how you go.

Have you tried my label format yet?
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

sorry for the confusion Doug... what you are telling me to do is what I have done... but it was several revisions ago that I last tried it, so maybe it will work for me now. I will have to give it another try.
I haven't tried your new labels yet, it is also on the list of things to get to.

Greg, sorry for hijacking your thread here.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

In regards to printing the LOAD screen list, this is currently not available. However, you can use the Print screen option and Windows Paint to print a screen shot of the LOAD screen.

We do have this particular topic on the \"To-do\" list and will get to it as soon as possible.