Holes in Checks

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tim Wright

Holes in Checks

Post by Tim Wright »

Hi There
We where wonderin if it is possible to save 5mm through holes in our checks, so when we assemble Cabinets we dont have to drill them manually! :)
Thanks Tim
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Is a check the same as a Dado? If so, it doesn't work. It seems to cause problems at the machine.
Tim Wright

Post by Tim Wright »

Yes it is the same, we can do it manually in part editor but it just takes longer it just would have been good to save that hole pattern to our batch cabinets, thats ok
thanks Tim
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

even doing it manually I've had problems when putting holes in a dado. At the router, the dado would not get cut or the holes would be about twice as big as they should be. Odd stuff.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Brian

Ive had that prob 2. But when i have the pocket setting set to 100% it doesnt happen. I had a drawer runner hole over a dado and had probs but when i set it 2 100% it was fine!

Thanks

Thom Davies
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Tim
This question would be best fitted for the eCabinet Systems forum. If you emnail me the job or cabinet file and your hole pattern if you are using one, I will take a look at it. Also include your contact information so I can contact you to go over the file.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Actually Justin,

It works fine in eCabinets. The problem is @ the machine. I'll see if I can find the last file that happened to and send it to you.

Brian