bar code scanner

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

bar code scanner

Post by Will Williamson »

I don't have a bar code scanner for flip operations , any particular type I should buy?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

The one that came with my machine looks like a standard scanner. I would recommend getting one with a longer cord. Sometimes the cord seems short. I have looked on line and seen some cordless scanners. If the cordless is compatable with the system, I believe I would go that direction. Then you could have the scanner and the Hand held programmer at the end of the machine so you don't have to walk back and forth so much.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Will,

I believe our retrofit dept. has already sent you this information, but I thought I would post for all to see, I've attached a brochure for the bar code reader package we provide with the Thermwood router. If you contact Thermwood (1800 221 3865) directly and ask for Retrofit/Upgrade dept. they will get you a formal quote to intall the system or to just send you the parts so that you can install yourself. However, if you decide to go else where to get a bar code reader, you need to insure you get a scanner that is setup to read Bar Code of 39 which is what the Control Nesting Bar codes are written as.

I hope this information has been helpful.
Attachments
BarCode.pdf
(159.73 KiB) Downloaded 303 times