How to restart in the middle of a program (RP-FR-MF0005)

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

How to restart in the middle of a program (RP-FR-MF0005)

Post by DanFecteau »

I want to machine the RP-FR-MF0005 today but I will not have time to machine it all in the same day so I want to know exactly how to restart, for example, before it uses the endmill 1/8" tool. How do I do that ? I also want to know why use a veneer back ? Can't I just laminate my wood and find a way to hold the part or the I really need the backing ? The miror operation : is it for the dado to insert the miror ?

Thank you.
jerry johnson

Re: How to restart in the middle of a program (RP-FR-MF0005)

Post by jerry johnson »

Hi, Dan. I ran this program, as well as others, and have had to start in the middle of a program too. What I have found is that it is tricky! One thing I try to do is watch when the tool changes occur and make a note as to which line of code that happens on. Also, when you shut the machine down make a note of what line of code you are on. Because the rental programs are encripted you cannot read the code only the number of the line. When re-starting be careful!!! You can easily run a bit through your partially carved pattern ( I have done this also) if you are not careful. I do not know if this is the only or proper way to do this but it works for me. Hope this helps. 8)
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

Thanks for your help. Did you use the same tool numbers ? I have ordered the FSH093-liner but I have a FSH358 in stock that could do the job ? or a SESLIN06 ?

Thank you.
jerry johnson

Post by jerry johnson »

Dan, the FSH093 has a .030 cut diameter, 2 1/2" over all length, and 1/4" shank. The .030 point really makes the carving pop out of the wood. If your other cutters have a larger cutting diameter the results may not be the same. Have fun! 8)