router question

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Darren Harvey

router question

Post by Darren Harvey »

we are going to cut out vanity tops out of corian. the question i that we have 1/2" dados and it wants to use a 1/4" bit. and also it wants to cut out the sink hole with that bit. how and if possible can we get the machine to use our 3/8" bit to cut this?
Todd Miller

Re: router question

Post by Todd Miller »

Darren Harvey wrote:we are going to cut out vanity tops out of corian. the question i that we have 1/2" dados and it wants to use a 1/4" bit. and also it wants to cut out the sink hole with that bit. how and if possible can we get the machine to use our 3/8" bit to cut this?
Darren,
Try looking at the diameter of the Pocket tool within Control Nesting settings. If this is set to .25, you will need to change it to .375 so the machine will know which tool to grab for your pockets. Then within the Tooling area of control nesting make sure that the .375 tool is set to route/dado. You will probably want to scroll through your operations and find your 1/2" tool along with your 1/4" tool and uncheck the Route\dado boxes. Nest and write the CNC file. Adjust your z shift to run the program high, just to make sure the correct tools are being used. Or scroll down through the program to see if the right tools are being used.

If you need further assistance let me know!
Darren Harvey

Re: router question

Post by Darren Harvey »

todd, thanks that worked