Control Nest Error

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tim Wright

Control Nest Error

Post by Tim Wright »

Hi There
We are having a small problem with Control nest, If we have a cabinet say 866 height and 1300 long it will not nest the backs or the shelves, when you read the error it has nested it across the sheet rather than down the length. We use 16mm Melemine sheet size 3600x1200 and it always nests it across the sheet and we have to do a manual panel input, how could we fix this?

Thanks
Tim
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Re: Control Nest Error

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Tim

Have you checked in the settings in ecabinets that the width is set to 1200 not 3600 width, sounds silly i know but thats where i'd start. or that in the control settings the board is set to 3600 width not 1200?

Can you attach your cabinet your having probs with?

Cheers

Thom Davies
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

I have just had a similar problem where I entered panels using "Manual panel input" and they would not nest, I then created the exact same panels as display panels in eCabs and then they did nest.
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

Something else you might look into: In eCabinets, make sure your material is set with "NO GRAIN". Having that box checked can force it to only lay a certain way on the sheet.

Another place to check would be in the settings of rolling nest. There is a field called "NESTING PARAMETERS" at bottom right of the window. Make sure the "PART ROTATION STEP ANGLE" isn't set to something odd. I think default is 90.