No Scroll..

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

No Scroll..

Post by Terry Davis »

After our control update (ver 7.1.0.7 SE1149 05-15-2008) we can no longer scroll through lines of code by holding down the down arrow, when you try to you get an error box saying ( OPERATOR ERROR: cannot save part file while the machine is cutting.) the error doesn't make sense since the machine is not cutting, and I'm not trying to save the part file!
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: No Scroll..

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Terry,

What version of software did you have before the upgrade? Do you have a barcode reader or a secondary keyboard plugged in? Let's try replacing the keyboard real quick to verify it's in the software. Find another ps2 style kyboard and plug that in and test it. Make sure you power down when changing keyboards.
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

Old software ver I do not Know, we always kept it current . We do have a barcode reader, no secondary keyboard, we do have a usb mouse we have had since the machine has been setup. When you say ps2 style you mean small round plug not usb.
Pete Riddle

Post by Pete Riddle »

Terry Davis wrote:Old software ver I do not Know, we always kept it current . We do have a barcode reader, no secondary keyboard, we do have a usb mouse we have had since the machine has been setup. When you say ps2 style you mean small round plug not usb.

Terry,

Yes that's what he means. The point is to try to remove anything within the circuit that may be causing the problem other than the software. A USB keyboard would be fine, but if you use it you will still want to unplug the existing keyboard to eliminate it as a possible problem.
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

I will have to bring one from home , will get back to you Monday.
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

Pete, I tried another keyboard and the scrolling works perfect. A bad keyboard would probably explain why twice the control started typing random characters on the screen all by itself we had to shut down and restart the machine to stop it. Who do we contact for replacement?
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Terry,

You can contact Thermwood's Field Service Dept. to order any Machine or Control Specific parts. The contact number is: 1800 221 3865, ask for the Field Service Dept.

Have a nice day!