Bar code

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Bar code

Post by Neville Bastian »

The bar code printing only happens on the part to be turned.
Is there a switch that allows for all parts to have a bar code printed. If I could read the bar code maybe I can get a description & illustration of the part at the edger. It may not be a difficult programming job to pay to get done?
Maybe someone with programming experience at Thermwood could reply in layman terms to a computer novice.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Gary Urlacher

Re: Bar code

Post by Gary Urlacher »

I don't really know much about this but I think the barcode is generated only to keep track of off fall in
a access database file. All other parts do not seem to have a bar code generated in the database.

I do know that the label file can be modified with Crystal Reports version 8. My problem is that I have version 10
so I can't modify it. It seems that the edge banding material would be simple to add to the report but
the label itself is quite small and I would recommend using a larger label to fit the extra data onto.

I have an old laptop with Crytal 8 on it and I was able to modify the lables for other reasons
but I have not tried the edge band material. I have been sitting back waiting on a reply from the
good people at Thermwood.

Maybe they will have an answer soon but if not, I will snoop myself and post a new label if it works
out.

Cheers

Gary Urlacher
Alberta Canada
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Neville and Gary
Yes. A plan to implement a flexible interface for manipulating labels is planned for the future. The barcodes are for OffFalls and flip operation only. Placing barcodes on every part wouldn't do you any good. You both should send in feedback from eCabinets. Inside eCabinets go to communications then feedback. Fill this form out and submit it. The more feedbacks we get for this request the better.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Justin,
I tried to send feedback to the Ecabinets team but they have turned that feature off on my software :)

Can't you guys do something on the sly so all labels have this barcode if required and access to the database so we can use the barcode info?

The A4 paper print out that gives you the parts details. Is your department in charge of that? It would be handy to have the all the info on the sticker also available to the printout. We use this as a double check to make sure all parts are on the shop carts. The more information the better.

Thanks Neville
Neville Australia