Announcing THM Desktop Edition Software

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Brent East
Thermwood Team

Announcing THM Desktop Edition Software

Post by Brent East »

Announcing…..

THM Desktop Edition Software $995.00

THM Desktop Edition allows the user to run a duplicate set up of their Thermwood Supercontrol software on their office pc. This will allow the user to generate nesting sessions along with the code to run the files without tying up machine time. All of your control nesting features will be included on the desktop edition including Control DXF Software, Profile Modeler, Five Piece Doors, and more. Contact us today for more information.

Software is available to Thermwood machine owners only. Software license is valid for one year from month of purchase. A software maintenance renewal license is available after the first year, at an additional cost.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Announcing THM Desktop Edition Software

Post by Damon Nabors »

Brent,
After generating the code at the desktop, can you export that code to the controller or do you have to load it all over again?

What is the yearly fee?

Damon
Damon Nabors
Brent East
Thermwood Team

Post by Brent East »

Damon,

Once you have created the code you can export it to the controller and run.

The yearly fee for one seat is $200.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Thanks Brent,

Sounds like something to add to the wish list. CHRISTmas is getting close. :D
Damon Nabors
Gary Urlacher

Post by Gary Urlacher »

I must say that I am a little on the fence about this one. I like the idea but one of the big things I like about doing this
at the control is the ability to use off cuts via the bar code scan.

Now, I think I would get a little lazy, do all the work from a comfortable chair and not use the off cuts so much.

I can see there being a cost for the program but I really do not understand the $200.00 a year when updates have been
free on the controller software.

I can't make up my mind as to what to think about this as yet. I guess for the larger shops that run a lot on the machine every day it is good.
I guy I know has 2 komo machines and one person writes the code from the office. He really liked the off fall feature on my Thermwood
as well as the labels and the fact that I can add a sheet with a bad sector and still use it without having to tell the office staff etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Gary
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey How's it going?

This sounds great but whats the difference between This and VNC. With VNC i can c what sheet the guy is up to, write cnc code print pics and labels and fix any code prob and set up tooling.

Thanks

Thom Davies
Brent East
Thermwood Team

Post by Brent East »

THM Desktop was developed by request by several users of Control Nesting.

You can still use your off cuts by selecting them from the OffFalls area of Add Sheets like on the Supercontrol. You don't have the ability to scan the OffFall like out in the shop but the bar code could be typed in.

Updates for the desktop edition are a little different then the control updates, THM Desktop Edition will be controlled by a hasp key and license. The license will be good for one year from month of purchase, after which a new code will need to be generated to continue to run the program. The $200 maintenance fee helps to offset the cost of this yearly renewal process and also writing the desktop version of the software. THM Desktop has to be modified from the THM Supercontrol version of software to make it work without drives and motors being attached, no air pressure, and all of the other items the router requires that your pc doesn't.

The difference with THM Desktop and VNC is that it is a lot safer approach to what you are trying to accomplish. With a remote link like the VNC you run the risk of changing something that could result in a crash of the machine. With the THM Desktop you are simply creating G&M code to take to the Supercontrol and run, no changing settings, tooling setups, or trying to create code while the machine is running parts.
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Thom Davies wrote:Hey How's it going?

This sounds great but whats the difference between This and VNC. With VNC i can c what sheet the guy is up to, write cnc code print pics and labels and fix any code prob and set up tooling.
Thom,

Using remote screen sharing is extremely dangerous if you're not the only person in your employ. You could accidentally move the machine without knowing anyone is in danger.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
Thom Davies
Guru Member

Post by Thom Davies »

Thats fair enough. I hadn't thought of it that way before. I do know what im doing and what settings im changing. I dont do anything like move the table via vnc just do tool set up and nest and write and print.
I know not to go into anything i dont know what it does for that reason of crashing the therm.

Cheers

Thom Davies
Thom Davies
Guru Member

Post by Thom Davies »

Got a question.

With this could you get the label printer and a normal printer and write the code and labels and sheets and hand it to the guy who runs the cnc?

Cheers

Thom Davies
Brent East
Thermwood Team

Post by Brent East »

Thom,

That is correct you would be able to nest out your job, print labels and sheets, and hand it all over to the operator to run.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

My 2 cents on VNC. I have run it over my network for over a year to nest and prepare jobs from my office desktop. It works like a charm and there is no risk starting the router. I also use a desktop CCTV system to keep an eye on whats happening at the controller
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Is this software out and ready to use? I have contacted our rep the moment you announced it and I believe there were some issues with it. Anyways our company would like to get it - just need a bit more info.
Brent East
Thermwood Team

Post by Brent East »

Georgi,

The software is out and ready to use. I am not sure the issues they were referring to but the only problems I know of exist with Windows Vista as the software is designed to run on XP. Please let me know with any questions you have. Thanks.