ridge

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Todd Miller

Re: ridge

Post by Todd Miller »

Thermwood tech support
Where can we get a list of the other G code numbers that are not in the manual ?
We update our manuals as we update the technology. If you had purchased a machine recently you would have up-to-date information in your manuals. If your machine is older, your documentation will reflect the time your machine was manufactured/purchased. If you would like us to send you an updated 91000 manual or an updated training guide, just call us and let us know. We will get one out to you ASAP.
Thermwood Corporation
Why should anyone have to wait 2 months for a bearing replacement ?
Marius,
Give us a call. You can order the bearing directly from us if you would like. I am almost certain that we have them in stock. We could probably even have it shipped out today.

Thermwood Service #: 1-800-221-3865
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Marius Gouws wrote:Good Morning Will
I have discovered this by accident when I download the letter block program from somewhere here at the forums. the prog did not want to work the way it was meant to so I change it a bit, and it works fine now. Now I am not a guru, but what it seems to do is that if you have a G807 in the beginning of the your code the machine axis accelerate and de-accelerate smoother, So when I cut real small part , axis 1 and 2 does not do that sudden movements. Now if you put in a G805 or smaller then it will have an revers affect. The bigger the last digit the slower the acceleration. Maybe someone from Thermwood can tell you more, maybe I am wrong. Like I said in my previous post our bearing on the table is stuffed, and I found by inserting a G80# I get a better cut when cutting small part. If I do not, it looks like I have tried to cut the part myself with a jiggsaw. We are still waiting for the bearing from our dealers in Johannesburg for a couple of months now.
Cheers

I would like to explain the G800-G809 macros in alittle more detail. The machine has a set value for acceleration and deceleration that it uses by default. The G800 will run at this rate, so if you have a G800 in the code, the machine is "ramping up to speed and ramping down to a stop" at it's default value. Now, the next macro, the G801 will run at 90% of this default value. The G802 will run at 80% of this value, and the rest follow this pattern. so when you put a G807 at the beginning of your code, you are telling the machine to accelerate and deccelerate at 30% of it's default value. This means that if the default value is 10 inches per second squared, you're machine would be accelerating at 3 inches per second squared as long as the G807 is active.
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Post by Marius Gouws »

Thank you very much Daniel
I love information.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Daniel
What about the G700 series of code or the G900 series ?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Will Williamson wrote:Daniel
What about the G700 series of code or the G900 series ?

The G700 range of macros(700 to 799) are generally undefined, except G751 thru G758 are for chiseling on certain machines. This means that they are all available for you, the customer, to create your own specific macros if they are not already in your machine.

The G900 macro defines machine default parameters. G901thru G909 are fence locations. G910 thru G979 are undefined. G980 is spoilboard thickness adjustment. G981 thru G984 are undefined. G985 is internal for turning off certain tooling. G986 thru G989 are undefined. G990 is used to reset the machine to original configuration. G991 resets the machine in lefthand configuration. G992 thru G999 are undefined.

All this information was taken from a 91000 supercontroller manual. :mrgreen: