Control Nesting and labels

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Gary Urlacher

Control Nesting and labels

Post by Gary Urlacher »

Just a note to add to a future version of CN.

Purhaps this has been said before, If so, sorry for repeating.
Also maybe I just do not know what I am doing??

I want to request that the way labels get printed is looked at. What I mean is that sometimes (more often than I like)
I run into problems when the lable printer runs out of labels. I end up with a half label and also go missing labels from the batch.

I would like to see an option to print labels by the sheet meaning a per sheet of material and not a lable sheet.
Now you can print them all or from 1 to whatever but the label numbers have no meaning.

I can't relate a label number to a label needed on a sheet. But, if I ran out on sheet 7, I know I could start again on sheet 7 etc.

Also, it would give me a chance to organize the labels with the sheets as they are printing instead of picking up a large amount of labels off the floor.

This might seem like a small item that will get put on the back burner but when you run nest of 20 - 30 sheets, this becomes a lot of labels
and time spent messing with them.

When I used to use enroute and the Dymo lables, It would sort them starting with sheet one as CN does but it would pause after each sheet
waiting for an operator input. I have never investigated this to see if there is a setting that can chang but it did work well.

Yes you can't press print and walk away but you could have it in the back ground so when the sheet is almost completed it's machining, you could press a
key and out come the labels for that sheet only.

I hope that I am not alone in this request.

Gary
Todd Miller

Re: Control Nesting and labels

Post by Todd Miller »

Gary,
I will forward this request onto our programmers. Thanks for your input!