Rolling Nest Problem

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tim Wright

Rolling Nest Problem

Post by Tim Wright »

Hey,
I have just installed the latest control nest 5.43. The first job i went to load will not nest, an error -Rnest appears and then the progam just freezes and the whole process just stops i have tried nesting just a couple of parts and different job files, I did resart the computer but that was know real help. If anyone knows what is happining i would love too know about it.
Cheers Tim
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Re: Rolling Nest Problem

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Tim

I've had the same prob and just sent an email to thermwood about it.

I got sent a link to go back to 5.41.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2a4e ... 6a4d1f7bd6

Todd from thermwood sent it to me.

it will get you sorted till thermwood get out 5.44
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Thom/Tim,
I sent Thom the link for 5.41 because we were having issues with 5.42. We released 5.43 late Friday to fix the issues. As for today, I receieved an email from you Thom, telling me that you were having problems with 5.43. Here is a portion of the email...

Thom wrote,
When nesting a job. I got the following message (in blue box) RNestwithPF (then red circle X thing) Not a valid Password.

I told Thom to run the 5.43 update again and see if that fixes his issue.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

To put my 2 cents in this conversation.

I upgraded as well. Got the message, ignored it. I believe I restarted the computer. Nesting seems to be working just fine now.

One big issue though that I found right away is that it's not adding sheets properly if you manually input dimensions. It messes-up size and material type. You might want to test that part of the nesting.

I like the fact that you have added nesting option on the corner of the off-cuts. I always wanted to reference the bottom left corner.

I will keep using 5.41 on the old machine though, at least until you come out with the 5.44.