Egdetape Thickness on Label

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Egdetape Thickness on Label

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey How's it going?

Just wondering if there any chance soon that we could get what thickness tape goes on a part on a label. When we run white board jobs there might be serval jobs in that nest and be quick and less waste if we could have on the label what thickness tape goes on. 1mm and 2mm tape is what we use

Thanks

Thom Davies
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Re: Egdetape Thickness on Label

Post by Larry Epplin »

Yes, this is something we have been planning to implement for quite some time. The hold on the development has been due to the need to implement customizing the label layout. This will allow a user to adjust for different size labels as well as add/remove parameters without the need for Crystal Reports. This development effort is taking some time. Thank you for your patience.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Larry,
This issue is pretty important and I can understand the complexity of creating this report without using crystal reports. Could you not deliver this result in two stages? Stage one you have to use crystal reports to get the edging thickness, edge colour and edge finish. Stage two you have a built in label designer.
If this label had a built in bar code like the offcuts has printed that we could run a scanner over at the edgebander that would be mickey mouse.
From memory I think we have this information already going into ecabinets so it may not be that difficult to get it to show up on the label?

Sorry for harping on this but we have just come from a legacy system with this info available to us on the labels to Ecabinets system so feel at a loss.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

I second the ability to customize labels. I would love to have the ability to color code labels and be able to print barcodes on them. Thanks
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com