Problem with label

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Gary Urlacher

Problem with label

Post by Gary Urlacher »

I do not know if this is related but yesterday I upgraded control nest from 5.41 to 5.47.

I am having a label printing problem now. In this case, it prints about 20 out of 70 labels then I get a printer error then after
say 30 seconds, it starts printing again at label 1.

I have selected other labels, even the original label that I used in the past, I have printed to a window and then printed 10 at a time
with better luck but it still screws up. I have re installed drivers for the dymo printer, I have tried printing direct to the printer and
not spooling the information.

All without any luck. Has anyone seen this happen before and have an answer?

Thanks

Gary Urlacher
Darren Harvey

Re: Problem with label

Post by Darren Harvey »

we are also having problems with our label printing. one day it was working and the next day it rolled out all of our label with no printing on it. we did upgrade to the latest control nesting, it worked one time then the next day nothing just blank labels. i did do all my troubleshooting with no luck. thanks, darren
Gary Urlacher

Post by Gary Urlacher »

I have had problems with label printing in the past but not as bad as I had since upgrading but I really do not think
that the label.exe file was changed for the update. There are a series of things that happen when you nest a job then print a lable.
I do think that there might be a bug in the system but for it to print off a whole run of blanks is something that I just can't see
but you say it happened so it did indeed happen. Odd.

I understand how the whole label thing works now. I created my own label that allows me to only print what ever sheets I input.

This stopped the printing of 100s of labels then it screws up or runs out of labels and I have to fiqure out that whole mess.
Since doing that, my problem has been solved.

I had made this request on the forum before for this feature with labels but I could not wait now that I had this last problem
so I did a crude version but at least it works.

Gary
Gary Urlacher

Post by Gary Urlacher »

It turns out that the Dymo labeler was at the end of its life. It did not stop working but it was giving me all kinds of problems.
I got a new one (same kind so no driver upgrade) and all is good.

It looks like my problems were tracking related and the 2006 printer was tired.

Gary
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Gary,

We had problems with tracking on our 2005 labeler from the get-go. Turns out the plastic keeper that holds the label roll on the shaft was not tight enough to keep the roll in place. Our fix was to put a small rubber o-ring on the shaft to hold the keeper firmly against the roll of labels. No problems since.

HTH,
Dave
Gary Urlacher

Post by Gary Urlacher »

That is a great idea Dave, Thanks for that. I did get a new printer but I will add this to the new one.
Maybe I will get more life from it.

Again, Thanks

Gary
Darren Harvey

Post by Darren Harvey »

hey guys, we decided to buy a new label printer also. now it works. darren