V6 and THM compatibility

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

V6 and THM compatibility

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi guys,
Just wondering if eCabinets version 6 will run with older THM versions? Sorry I cant remember which version the machine currently on but I think it is 5.09 (Pre Gen2). If it won't work with the older versions, could someone please reply with some contact details ASAP so I can pass this on to the machine owner so he can start looking to upgrade his control?

Many thanks,
Paul
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: V6 and THM compatibility

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Paul,

There should be NO issues when using V6 eCabinet software on an older generation THM control (pre V7). The same will still apply for the THM controller, that it be the Windows Operating system that supports Control Nesting.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Ryan,
Thanks very much for that. I will get this guy on to upgrading to GEN2 V7 as soon as he is able as I'm pretty sure he is on THM version 5.09 still with the original hardware in the controller that came with it when first purchased approx 3 years ago.

Thanks,
Paul.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Paul

Has your guy had much probs with his controller? We've had to put in bigger hard drive and new screen cos the other 1 was on the blink! How are you any way? Is your cell number still da same? I txt u but u dont txt back! LOL

But other than that V 5.05 build 9 seems fine and dande!

Cheers

Thom Davies
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hey Thom,
He hasn't had any problems at all with his controller which suprises me because since it was first purchased over 3 years ago, it has never had any anti virus programs or anything. I have always kept the CNC and TWD folders fairly empty and copied them to an external hard drive but it hasn't missed a beat which is good!
I'm not too bad at all thanks, been pretty busy at work etc. What number have you been texting? If its the old Thermwood 021 number you may as well delete that from your phone cos that number is no longer in use.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Can u PM me your new number then? U still @ hire quip?
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

0275 901 557 for everyone to see :) Yep, still at hirequip for now, looking down other avenues at the moment though trying to get my career back on track.