Control nesting new release

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Control nesting new release

Post by Neville Bastian »

Seeing version 6 is away off, is there any new features coming in the control nesting software? Are we allowed a preview of what will be in that?
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Re: Control nesting new release

Post by Larry Epplin »

Hi Neville. The next "big thing" coming in Control Nesting will be the ability to handle leftover and use multiple tools for pocketing. The development is still in it's early stages so the release is still a ways off. Thank you for your patience!
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

Thanks for the reply Larry.
We can be patient. Would you mind going into detail on what handling leftover materials is? The handling of leftovers would be great it was in a area we could access with external software from the office. I think at the moment it keeps a track of material type but not the colour of that material. Also because of true shaping the size is not available from memory. If you are moving down that road that would be appreciated. I waste a lot of time tracking down part sheet of slow moving colours for that job that just needs another sheet.

More than one tool to do pocketing is a great idea. With that could you give consideration to pocketing that happens on mdf doors. When these doors are painted or vinyl foil wrapped the pocketing surface is noticeable with tearing of the mdf. In Australia we don't have a choice on different density of mdf so as you get into the middle of the substrate is has bigger mdf pieces. I don't have an answer to this apart from maybe a big diameter cutter with two or 3 carbide blades skimming over the surface removing tissue paper thickness material might help as the final pass?

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

When if ever are we going to have the ability to leave islands in the pockets? Using CN or Ecabinet? What is the problem? Is there no demand?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Hi Will. Yes we plan to support this need in a future release. A time has not be set yet for completion.

Neville, I was referring to leftover areas in pockets where a smaller tool will be called to do the cleanup.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

Hi Larry,
Thanks for explaining what is coming up in pocketing.
So with the off fall/offcuts is that difficult for a external program to view what has been recorded?
In ecabinets you can record the colour of your melamine material but this is not used by control nesting. Could this be used because then we could obtain a printout of material sorted by type, thickness and colour.

Hopefully this is not a huge programming task.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia