tool grouping question

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Darren Harvey

tool grouping question

Post by Darren Harvey »

I got a couple of questions about tool grouping. We have 7 regular tools set up in our tool bar we use mostly. Now with those 7 regular tools in my default setting, I can start putting them in groups with different function? For example my 3 flute up cut bit I can change the speed, what operation it does when I have the material specified. And let it do dado setting or not? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help, darren
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: tool grouping question

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Darren,

You are correct. The idea is that you can set different parameters depending on the material for the same tools. So lets say you have your 3 flute upcut set in your default for route/dado with a feed of 600. Now you deceide you want to have it to be used as the outline tool in a denser material. You would create a group with this denser material. You would then set this tool as your outline tool and set the feed to 300. What will happen is Control Nesting will use the default tool group until it finds a material that is set up in a group. At this point in time, it will switch to that group and use the tooling that in this group.
Darren Harvey

Re: tool grouping question

Post by Darren Harvey »

thanks Daniel, that's what i figured. thanks for your help, darren