Back splash and engraving Solid surface

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Back splash and engraving Solid surface

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Everyone,
I am at the stage of updating my showroom and I wish to do something upmarket on a Corian splash back which is 24" 600mm high by about 1800mm long 6ft. I was wondering if anyone has seen something pretty neat that they could pass on or send the link to. If you happen to have a program of that that would be even better.
The only problem I may have is that if the file is in inches it won't scale right on my Thermwood. I did get a file from Damon Nabors that he was kind enough to do in enroute but after a few try's we couldn't get it to run in metric. Maybe tech support could advise if its easy to flick from imperial to metric from the controller thus run a imperial program.

Maybe I should have posted this in lounge or 3D but I would prefer the actual program to run.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Nemanja Vujkovic

Re: Back splash and engraving Solid surface

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

Neville,
go to enkeball.com. They have a lot of .dxf files of cool stuff. Downloading is for free!!! :D I hope this helps.

Nemanja
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Neville,

Your machine shouldn't have any problems running Imperial files. What errors where you getting when you tried to run it??
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Daniel,
It was scaling down really small. Without being really sure it seemed to treat 20" as either 20mm or 20cm. If we could have scaled it up by 25.8 which is approx the number of mm in a inch that would have been a quick fix.
Damon did run the program once in imperial forgetting we are running metric then in metric using artcam I think?
We did go through and change all the settings to imperial but that didn't seem to work.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Neville,

Did you insert a G70 into the code to let it know the file was imperial? If you add that to the code in the header, the machine should hve no issues running it correctly. The machine will convert the offset and the daylights automatically so you shouldn't have to alter those values in their respective tables.