control nesting 5.48 update

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Keith Neal
Company Name: Wilbedone Inc.

control nesting 5.48 update

Post by Keith Neal »

I updated our control nesting and in the "load" area was a strange program was "on deck".Curious I went to check it out and it froze up our system.After rebooting I decided to clear it out and get back to work,I could not get any of our programs to load without an error message saying another operator was trying to use that function.After several reboots I went to the thermwood site and redownloaded the update this time clearing out the strange program before continuing.It works fine now.Just letting everyone else know before they get curious as I was.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Re: control nesting 5.48 update

Post by Larry Epplin »

The update has been fixed. Thanks for the heads up Keith.
mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

Post by mohan kommineni »

i have updated the CN5.48 on our cs45 but when i try to load any program which has got pocket operation the thermwood software hangs off says send error report and i have to restart the thermwood software but if i load a job with no pockets in it that is fine it nests normal howto overcome this issue
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Mohan,

Please create an Export file by clicking the Export button in Control Nesting and post it. Also, please post the TWD with pockets that will not load. You will need to either ZIP the files or change the file extension to attach them.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Larry,
I'm getting the same error as Mohan. This is a DXF file. This file worked in previous CN 5.47.
Please see attached for export and dxf file.
Thanks,
Fred
Attachments
ControlNest5-48.zip
(387.16 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Fred Hirsch
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Larry/Mohan,
I figured this out. After studying the manual with the logic of the new settings.... I only had 1/2" tool setup for pocket with that material. The default "Minimum Pocket/Leftover Area" of new CN install is ".001^2" (I think that is right). Anyway it occurred to me that the machine could never hit this as I think it would require an 1/8" tool. I cranked that setting up to .1^2 and it ran the file w/out problem.
Thx
Fred
Fred Hirsch
mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

Post by mohan kommineni »

FredHirsch wrote:Larry/Mohan,
I figured this out. After studying the manual with the logic of the new settings.... I only had 1/2" tool setup for pocket with that material. The default "Minimum Pocket/Leftover Area" of new CN install is ".001^2" (I think that is right). Anyway it occurred to me that the machine could never hit this as I think it would require an 1/8" tool. I cranked that setting up to .1^2 and it ran the file w/out problem.
Thx
Fred
hi
fred/larry

i have seen my settings and corrected them and its working now thanks for the help