Rippled diagonal cut

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Stephen Tinkler

Rippled diagonal cut

Post by Stephen Tinkler »

Hi, When cutting diagonally there is a ripple left on the part at the start or end of that edge [this has happened from new] has anyone had this problem! :?

Stephen
Keith Neal
Company Name: Wilbedone Inc.

Re: Rippled diagonal cut

Post by Keith Neal »

We get it too where the router ramps into the cut(we are a solid surfaces shop and more often or not this seems to be on a seam).It also happened alot when we first got the machine until we switched from a climb to a conventional cut(in settings on control nesting).
Stephen Tinkler

Post by Stephen Tinkler »

Keith, Its when it is cutting around the part and as it is going along the diagonal it seems to X,Y a little bit more than it should.

Stephen
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Stephen,

If you could please, send me a copy of sample NC code that displays this type of cut on your machine, I will be glad to look into your situation in attempt to find you a resolution. If you could also, please include programming method or type of software used to create NC code and your machine # from base serial tag so I can reference machine control version. You can email this information to: program@thermwood.com
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Hey Stephen and Keith,
Can you post the first 20-30 lines of Gcode of the file(s) that this occurs. Also what software are you using to CAM? Artcampro, MasterCam or other...
What tooling, rpm's and feed speed, in IPM, are you running on your CNC?
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Post by Marius Gouws »

Hi Stephen
Have a look at the x-axis ballnut bearing on the table leadscrew, I bet you there is play there. We had the same problem here. We replace the ballbearing and it was ok for about 6 months, but now it start to show again so we just ordered a hole new ballnut and bearings from Thermwood. I manually grease the ballnut and table bearings every morning just to make sure.
Cheers