Printing labels with banding is BROKEN

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Printing labels with banding is BROKEN

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Good morning,
Please see attached files and note the following:
- Nest direction X
- Sheet 4, parts 7, 6, 5, 4 have edgebanding but label prints 'none' with no diagram :wall:
Note: from the ESJ file you will see that there are two cabinets in the assembly in question. The upper cabinet's ('sun room A upper') adjustable shelves have a different banding material than the lower cabinet's adjustable shelf, however the upper cabinet does not print labels properly, while the lower cabinet's shelf does print the label properly. The lower cabinet shelf is on sheet 8 part 4.
PLEASE FIX :D :D :D
Attachments
label BE post 081409.zip
(2.72 MiB) Downloaded 349 times
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Printing labels with banding is BROKEN

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Josh,

Did you create the .twd file in eCab v5 or in your beta 6 version? You will want to go ahead and update to version 5.48 control nesting which is currently available, this may also fix your issue. I've downloaded your files and will be reveiwing the information as soon as possible. I will let you know what we find here.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Thanks Ryan,
I created all with 5.2 and we have yet to update control nesting, will probably do so this week. I can re-test the file then.
Please let me know what you find.
Many thanks,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Josh,

The cabinet is the issue. if you open the assembly in the cabinet editor and then highlight the upper cabinet and try to open the edgebanding dialog, you will get an error stating about the cabinet bodies. The way to correct this is to highlight the cabinet and then right click and choose remove part editor cuts from entire cabinet. This will force the cabinet to rebuild all of the bodies in the cabinet. This will reapply all edgebanding. The downside to this is if the cabinet has part editor cuts, you will have to redo them. You will then need to resave the file and then create a new twd file. Once nested, the edgebanding now appears on the labels for the shelves.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Thank you Ryan -
But I guess the next obvious question is - how did the cabinet lose 'part bodies'? I've seen posts about that error but have never experienced the pleasure myself... So, how would I know to rebuild that cabinet?
I did reopen the file, and opened the assembly, selected the upper cabinet, and got a message "the cabinet does not have enough data to edgeband any of it's parts" however it is rendered with banding and mouseover shows banding as specified.
Does construction settings / OK (force rebuild) also fix the problem?
Do you know of any specific methods or situations, for example, banding before adding faceframes (or something like that) that are known to cause cabinets to lose 'part bodies' and therefore should be avoided?
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Josh,

Whenever there is a specific situation that causes this the programmers correct the issue in the next release. We would need to know step by step exactly what you did to create that assembly so that we could try to reproduce it and correct it.