A (hopefully simple) feature request

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

A (hopefully simple) feature request

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

After having a job loaded into CN that locked it up, I was then unable to get back into CN because of that job, because whenever you open CN it automatically loads the last job.

So... my request is a simple YES/NO dialog box when opening CN, asking if you would like to open it with the previous job, or NO job. It would've saved me a call, and saved Daniel from having to send me replacement result.mdb and input.twd files. BTW Daniel, the input.twd file is the one that fixed it. Thanks.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: A (hopefully simple) feature request

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Jeremy,

This is a good suggestion, I will be sure to forward to our Engineering dept. for review and possible implementation to the Control Nesting software.

Thanks!
Ryan Hochgesang

Jeremy,

In addition to my first reply, you can also Clear out the Load screen by re-running the current Control Nesting update, and choosing the REPAIR option.
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thanks for that Ryan, that's good to know. I was told that wouldn't work. Either way, replacing input.twd fixed it.

While I'm at it, I'll throw this question out for everyone... is it normal for a job that amounts to 55 sheets to take nearly 8 hours to nest? I've done larger jobs (nearly 100 sheets) and they didn't take anywhere near that long. This seems to have cropped up with the latest CN update. The job I'm talking about has nothing unusual about it. Only one piece even has part editor cuts, and it's a simple arched valance piece. There are maybe 10 single-pass MDF doors. No dovetail drawers. Otherwise it's simple cabinet boxes, yet it took all day.

I just defragged the hard drive a few days ago.

I'm hoping adding some extra memory to the controller will help, but somehow I doubt it's going to speed it up by a factor of 10-20. Currently it has 512MB (absurdly small amount of memory for an XP computer IMO.)

Has anyone else experienced this kind of slowdown? If so, what has helped?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Jeremy,

Have you loaded any other software on your THM controller since receiving your machine? You can submit that job to us here and we can have a look as well to compare nesting time your seeing. You can email: program@thermwood.com
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

Hi Ryan,

No other software at all (besides the CN updates) has been added to the controller, it's still exactly as it came from the factory.

I'm currently emailing the files to the address you provided. Hopefully they'll make it through.

Thanks!

CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Jon Kenworthy
Company Name: darrells Carpenter Shop

Post by Jon Kenworthy »

We had a job around a year ago that had a lot of pocketing operations that would take a long time to nest, we upped the RAM on the CNC to 2 gigs and that did the trick for us. I believe we had 512 megs of ram to start with also.