can some one look into this please CN5.48

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

can some one look into this please CN5.48

Post by mohan kommineni »

we r doing a job and getting stuck in layout problem is it is not nesting in the right way and using extra sheet had this problem in different jobs before aswell, but we got only 2 sheets(2400x1200) now and it is possible in 2 sheets practically,
iam attaching the esj twd and machine settings aswell pls change the extensions
can some one help please
Attachments
ControlNest5-48.cab.esj
.cab file change extension please
(117.22 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
AP8970_15KD_SPACEWALLtwd.esj
twd file change extension please
(224 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
AP8970_15KD_SPACEWALL.esj
esj file
(956.02 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: can some one look into this please CN5.48

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

The computer is not as smart as you or I when it comes to smaller nests. There is no way to make this automatically nest the way you want. What you will have to do is trick it. Remove the partition from the nest in the load screen and then nest in the y direction and create your cnc code. This will give you all of your parts but the partition along with a large offfall piece. You can then go back into the load area and turn off everything but the partition. Onece you turn this on, you can go to the add sheets screen and select the offfall from the previous nest. You will need to rotate it 180 before selecting it. Nest it using either x or y, it fits either way. Write your cnc file. Now you should have 2 files that you can run so all of your parts come out of these 2 sheets. Hope this helps.
mohan kommineni

hi daniel
i think i have to agree with u daniel computer is not so smart as human but what is the point in doing this trick again inspite of having so big control nesting and all the options like rotating componets and nesting in x and y directions and still we(human) have to spend time in finding out which part have to be ticked off and nest the file and second time use that left over part and offall to produce the full set

can u assume how much time is going to be wasted in front of the control just before getting the cnc file

and in my case worst thing is my machine bed size is 7x12 foot cabinet shop 45 when i start using those offcuts to produce the parts and they dont stay there (vaccum problem) and job is scraped

can some more improvements can be done on CN to over come this problem or am i wrong to say this
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

There are future plans to allow customers to change the nesting but there is no time table on this option's release. As for now, when you have smaller nests like what you have, you are limited by what the Control Nesting software wants to do. The only way around this is to trick the software as I described earlier. The material hold down is an issue but you can easily take the previously cut parts or scrap material to cover the table surface to aid vacuum. you could also leave a skin on the sheets in the first cut and then just rotate the 2nd sheet as a whole 180 degrees and then run the second cnc file.
mohan kommineni

Daniel Vonderheide wrote:There are future plans to allow customers to change the nesting but there is no time table on this option's release. As for now, when you have smaller nests like what you have, you are limited by what the Control Nesting software wants to do. The only way around this is to trick the software as I described earlier. The material hold down is an issue but you can easily take the previously cut parts or scrap material to cover the table surface to aid vacuum. you could also leave a skin on the sheets in the first cut and then just rotate the 2nd sheet as a whole 180 degrees and then run the second cnc file.
thanks daniel even though there is no time table atleast the issue is recognised and will be fixed in future

i hope we get this within this year

thanks to one and all