Vacuum Hose

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Sebastien Boileau

Vacuum Hose

Post by Sebastien Boileau »

I was wondering what kind of 5\" vacuum hose you guys use, the flexhose connected to the head. I started off with a rubber hose that split open within 4 months, so i switched over to a more heavy duty nylon type and that split open as well within 4 months....any suggestions?
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

hose

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

We just bought some new hose for our C42 and they are working great. We use 6\"ID Flexaust Flexthane- med duty-Clear, for the dust collector and 3\" ID PVC Green Suction Hose for our Vac pumps. If your hoses are tearing maybe you have them too tight.First secure the hose to the dust shroud then while holding the hose at the metal duct inlet I move the head to both ends of the gantry to make sure it has enough hose. Then I add a few inches so it won't be too taught.
I still have the original hose on our 2002 C40 and have only had to repair one wear hole at the transition from dust shroud stack to hose, in almost 5 years.
We get ours from Houston hose here in, You guessed it, Houston, Texas. But you should be able to get the same from any Flexaust distributor.

Hope this helps.
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Hey Michael,

Did you get my private message about the BobCad the other day?

Brian
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Brian,
Sorry no I did not receive a PM :(

Michael
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1