Cutouts not behaving

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Cutouts not behaving

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

OK my cutout bug has raised it's ugly head again.....
I'm cutting out doors that have been modified in the part editor for glazing. What I do is take the part into the editor and flip the door over cut a rectangle all the way through the door then do another one 10mm bigger but only 8mm deep for the rebate.
What should happen is that it should do one peremiter cut round the first rectangle all the way through then a second perimeter cut 8mm deep for the second...
It shouldn't and indeed hasn't been doing the spiral from the middle cutting that was plaging me a few months ago....but it's back.
Strange though it spirals the 8mm rectangle from the middle the the edge then perimeter cuts the full depth rectangle.

I'm using all the latest versions of ecabs and rolling nest. This has been a problem that fixed itself with a rolling nest update but is now back again.
This message made from recycled electrons.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Glenn,

If you would please, send me your files so that I could look into and reproduce this issue here at Thermwood.

Files Needed for trouble shooting:

- .hsf file of cabinet or .esa if it is an assembly drawing
- .twd file that you are using from ecab
- .cnc file that you've generated at CNC machine
- C:\\RollingNest\\machine.ini (From Thermwood Controller)
- C:\\RollingNest\\tools.thm (From Thermwood Controller)
- C:\\System\\Toolman.thm (From Thermwood Controller)
Ryan Hochgesang

Forgot to give you email address:

program@thermwood.com
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

All files on the way..
Thanks Ryan
This message made from recycled electrons.
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Glenn,

The cutouts are being machined as they should. Up until now and still as of yet you are not able to tool path a single cut path with ecab/Control nesting, unless you are using the Profile modeler on the Thermwood CNC router. This is a feature (single line tool pathing) that we hope to add to V5 eCab. software. Something to think about: If you are fluent enough with the CNC output code from control nesting, you can edit the code so that the machine just cuts the outer finish pass of the 8mm deep pocket.