Double pass on thick material

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Double pass on thick material

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi all,
I have a job coming up in the next couple of days which has 30mm thick end panels. I was going to cut this with our 12mm cutter but I was just wondering if there is a way to do a double pass on all parts and still be able to onion skin the smaller parts.
Any advise on this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul.
Brent East
Thermwood Team

Post by Brent East »

Hi Paul,

Through the control nesting you are limited to two passes only. This can be set to do depth cuts for thick material or to use it as an onion skin but not both at the same time. If the parts are all very small you could change the waste board thickness to something just a little larger which would leave a skin on everything that you could come back and remove.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hay Paul, Hows it going?

A another way could be in rolling nest settings change the double pass size which is in square mm set it to what your largst size panel is e.g a panel that is 700x1800x30mm MDF its square root is 1260000mm and in settings you can set what the frist pass will leave like it could be 15mm left for the second pass

Hope this helps

Cheers
Thom Davies
Dawn Group
Christchurch
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi all,
I thought that was what I was going to have to do. Looks like ill be cutting this job out in the next couple of days so I will see how it goes.
Thanks for your replies