Cherry Library

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Cherry Library

Post by Peter Walsh »

This is the latest project I sold with eCab. It is a little more tricky with the sloped ceiling, but that is what keeps things interesting. Sold immediately from the rendering just like the last eCab library I sold. I'll post the finished library pix in a few months.
Peter Walsh
Attachments
Finished View with back panel.jpg
Finished View with back panel.jpg (273.05 KiB) Viewed 8558 times
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Peter,

Do you build that in your shop or on site?
Is it prefinished or finished on site as well?

Nice work by the way.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Peter That is SHARP
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Very impressive work Peter. I think I remember you from the Las Vegas eCabinets training class. Were you at the class before the show?

Brian
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Thanks guys.

Post by Peter Walsh »

Thanks guys for the kudos. :D :D :D
Jean, I build everything in my shop and finish it there. There is a great temptation to do it on the job, but the impact on the customer is pretty large with odors, masking, draping, etc. and I like to arrange the project so all I have to be on the customer site for is two days max, and I'm gone.

I usually split the whole project into two levels with a bottom row of cabs and a top row. I have a height limitation in my shop that makes it hard to do a cab over 96\" tall. This practice though, makes things just right for a ladder when they want one. (See Oak Library in the Forum listings) I make all my simple moldings but generally not the decorative crown. All the cabs have face frames and the arched cab in the top center actually has an arched top inside, something the quickee cab guys don't do.

Brian, I was at that training session.... in that hideous hotel with the leaks, fire alarms, and mold on the ceiling of my room. Amazing. Good seminar though.

I'm working on a web site where I'll put up some more photos but I think that will take a couple of months yet. I'll post the URL when it's done.

Thank again for the complements.
Peter
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Yep, that was the hotel. I was the guy sitting in the back center with the lady.

Brian
Dana Sherry

Post by Dana Sherry »

sweet work- how did you do the fluted mouldings on the software?(the vertical members that divide each case)
Dana
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Fluted moldings

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dana,
Sorry for the long interval reply. I made the fluted pilasters in eCab, after making a display board, I took it into the part editor, and using a tool I made in eCab, cut the flutes into the board. It's a little tiresome when first doing one. You will use up a lot of hours to learn the process, but once you get the method down and the tools made it goes fairly quickly and makes quite a difference. They cover this stuff at the seminars if you can get to one.
Peter