This one's in the books

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

David Norton
Guru Member
Company Name: Custom Trim and Millwork

This one's in the books

Post by David Norton »

Yesterday I sent these .jpg's to client. This morning I got a call from them asking how long it will take to forward the shop drawings & cutlists. I told them to expect them by Fedex, no later than Tues.

When I started this job I thought I knew alot about Ecabs, boy was I wrong. My sincere thx go out to Kerry, And Jason S. for their support. This project stretched what I thought was possible with this software.
Surprising enough one of the worst moments was getting crown around the corner cabs. I wound up having to creat a -toprail inset to accomodate the valance. But this left a gap between the sides of the cases. Had to create a filler where I did not want one.

Anyhow there is but one detail left , the suspended glass racks! I \"hope\" to have it out of the parts editor this weekend. If anyone has a .tol of a 1/8\" roundover I could sure use one.

I would appreciate anyone's thought on the design.
Attachments
Just one detail left.jpg 1.jpg
Just one detail left.jpg 1.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 12372 times
Bar 4.jpg
Bar 4.jpg (112 KiB) Viewed 12372 times
Bar 5.jpg
Bar 5.jpg (103.23 KiB) Viewed 12372 times
Dave Norton
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Congratulations!!! I guess you'll have to take us all there and buy a round when it is finished :lol: .

Are you doing just the design for this project? If so, I hope you are charging enough to cover all the time you put into it.

It looks great and really shows the long hours you put into the design.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

That really turned out nice David. Which seat is yours? I don't know if this wine glass rack will help you at all but I'll send it anyway. Great job! I love this bar!

Brian

I could not send the .esa file. I can email it to you.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

There are 3 glasses attached to one side that do not show in the .jpg
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Brian

You can zip the esa and post it.
David Norton
Guru Member

Post by David Norton »

Thx guys, Brian plz do email me that wine glass rack. It will save me a ton of work in the cab editor.

Dan, Thankfully all I was resonsible for was the initial designs, I have about 200 hrs. in this job, and am \"still\" ashamed of what I am being paid. :D If I didn't have to go out and earn a check still it would have been done long ago. As it is,the design aspect is still taking a back seat.

It has been over 30 yrs. since I have been west of the mighty Mississippi
River, so chances are good that I will not see the finished job. I jest don't get out much :).
Dave Norton
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

zip
David Norton
Guru Member

Post by David Norton »

Thx Brian :D
Dave Norton
Tom Houser

Post by Tom Houser »

David, having owned quite a few bars I have to ask where is the servers station(s). The renderings look fantastic .
Thom Houser
http://www.thouser.com
A person who never made a mistake
never tried anything new.
A. Einstein
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

David,
Very complicated and impressive job.
Good work.
Kerry
David Norton
Guru Member

Post by David Norton »

Tom, the two inside curves of the bar are for the server's . Also the end where the flipper door is. I put as many stools as the bar could possibly accomodate. They may leave a few out.

Kerry, coming from you that is higfh praise indeed, thx!
Dave Norton
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Morning David
That looks great I like the colors to it.
David can I see some picture of under the bar.
Did you have to set up sinks and beer boxs and shelfing for glass's
under the bar. What is the counters and bar top made of.
Why! I owned 3 night clubs for 18 years and now out of them 6 years.
I have set up the buildings and made 9 bar's in about 25 years now. I would of loved to had e-Cabinets then. O Yes 6 of the bars are still open today.The other 3 bars the owners change there lay outs. The new lay outs didn't work out. The customers didn't like the way they change the
bars around.I gave each bar a dance floor some were big some small.
Now what 3 bars would you say took out there dance floors.
Old guy told me one time so you want to own a bar (Think as a drinker
don't drink as a drinker) and you will make it.He didn't tell me I would have a heart attack!
David that is very very nice
David Norton
Guru Member

Post by David Norton »

Morning George, Wow what a night we had here.35 tornados touched down here in middle Tenn. Spent some of the early evening in the storm shelter.

Anyway George, I was only asked to design the bar wall and counter tops. I had thought about including drink boxes but time was not on my side. Also I could not find anything that was photo realistic. I still may play with these features though on my own. As to materials, the countertop is inlaid Uba Tuba granite with S American Rosewood for the railcaps. Course I don't know what they will actually wind up using. The bar wall will be Honduras Mahogany veneered to Flex core substrate for the curved sections. The corbels for the bar are Enkeboll CBL-AN2s. And there are quite a few of them. The interior is 1/2\" black melamine. I will be providing the drawings for knee braces for the interior to support the countertop.

The cabs are honduras mahogany , with maple pilasters and accents to be stained to simulate Wenge. I have to admit that when the cost sheets came out for the cabs I was surprised. The cabs alone are 36,000.00 and change. Since I did not know where the components are to be built I tried to figure a national average for materials. I believe a shop in Ill. is to build everything but am not sure.

As to how \"I\" landed this job. I have a freind on the west coast who was working on it. When there was a squabble over some details ,he made a suggestion that he knew someone that was using state of the art software that could provide photo realistic renderings. He called and asked if I would be interested. Duh I replied !

Thx, to everyone for the support on this one. There have been times when I almost threw in the towel. :)
Dave Norton
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Thank You David
Is everyone OK and is the town OK
I was just wineing about the rain we are getting right now.
Here is one I did in 2004 they opened and they closed in one year.
They had know money to run it.They called me asked if I would help them out.I started thinking about it the boys said NO way Dad!
and I don't even drink.My sons ran two of the night clubs for me
They are happy just building custom home now and I just want to build
custom cabinet from e-Cabinet
Tom Houser

Post by Tom Houser »

The days of opening a bar/restaurant and being successful are pretty much over unless you have at least 4 years operating expenses sitting in the bank . Even then it's a big risk. DAMHIKT.
Thom Houser
http://www.thouser.com
A person who never made a mistake
never tried anything new.
A. Einstein