Textures

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Textures

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I have been trying to come up with some textures that give the appearance of a light glazed effect on painted jobs. I always use wood tones to represent painted jobs because solid colors in the rendered views just aren't as dramatic. Here is my latest attempt at the look. What are some of the rest of you doing to make painted jobs look good in rendered views?
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Kerry

Have you tried the Wood Workshop download on eCabWorld? It allows you to create just about any color you want and you can add weathering and other effects.
Tom Houser

Post by Tom Houser »

That looks good Kerry . I have this problem all the time with restoration kitchens and the it becomes even worse because there inset doors with flat panels.
Thom Houser
http://www.thouser.com
A person who never made a mistake
never tried anything new.
A. Einstein
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

That's really nice! I think it represents that glazed look perfectly. Did you make the slide show in eCabs with IrfanView ?

Brian
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Dan,
I will have to try that. I want to be able to represent some different finishes. This takes time so I usually just go back to my old standbys.

Tom,
I find it hard to make the painted finishes look real. The wood tones are easier. It is also time consuming to have to change all the material textures.

Brian,
That slide show was done using PhotoShop. It is an automated function that re-sizes and optimizes the pictures then writes all of the HTML code for the pages. All I have to do is upload it to my site.

Kerry
Tom Houser

Post by Tom Houser »

Kerry, that is a very impressive way to display a job. I think what amazes me most is how quickly it comes up on mt dial up connection. Very well optimized. Which PhotoShop do you use?
Thom Houser
A. Einstein
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Tom,
I have PhotoShop Version 7.0
I have tried several different ways to do presentations and this one seems the best. All of the others simply take too long to load on dial up and you never know what type of connection your customer will have.
Kerry
Tom Houser

Post by Tom Houser »

Thanks Kerry, I'll have to give that a try. I can tell the presentation has been optimized but your right if a client is dial up there is nothing worse than a slow loading page.
Thom Houser
A. Einstein