auto lube system/ finish contamination?????

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeff Norris
Guru Member

auto lube system/ finish contamination?????

Post by Jeff Norris »

has anyone ever had any contamination from the lubrication mist from the auto lube system on their router getting on plywood and causing finishing problems. we have a whole pallet of cherry that is having major cratering in the finish, we have never had so much as one inch of cratering in our finish in 15 years and i am trying to figure out what is causing it.
Perry Pravettone
Company Name: Unemployed Manager

Post by Perry Pravettone »

Hi Jeff,

Anything with Silicone in a cabinet shop is a no no. That means washing the car at the back of the shop like spraying the vinyl top or tires. Whats happening is called Fisheye.
I would hope anything made for the router would not have Silicone in it. Big offender is Lamilube for counter top trimming spray. I hope this helps solve your problem.

Perry
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Jeff,

You may want to check the drip rate for the auto lube system and turn it down a bit. Once you've turned it down a bit, it may take a day or two to see results. Just keep an eye on the bearing rails to be sure there is still a slight lube film on them, that they don't dry up.
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

i think i have eliminated the thermwood machine as a source of contamination, the auto lube system used air tool oil, we tested a pice of ply with oil on it and could not produce the same result. we are guessing that we bot a bunk of bad material.