control nesting

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

CameronEchols

control nesting

Post by CameronEchols »

I wish I was able to name my files when you write your cnc code before it writes it. Some times when I have jobs with the same names in them it writes the cnc files over another existing one.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Cameron,

The name comes from the twd file. You can change the twd file name to a different name before creating the cnc file.

thanks,
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I think what Cameron is saying is that if you go back in RN and make any changes(nest direction,etc.) It would be nice when RN writes the CNC file if it would ask if you want to overwrite the existing file of the same name.
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

I get this problem a lot, to get around I use the flie browser to rename the first cnc file before doing the second nest. Sometimes just by adding \"old\" of \"first\" after the file name. That way the second nest will write a new file and I can get the old file back if I need to.
i.e.
\"Customer.cnc\" rename to \"Customer Old.cnc\"

Handy if I get an error and a renest fixes it, I still have the old corrupt file to send the Thermwood for them to look at.
This message made from recycled electrons.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hey guys,

A few wks or mnths ago I had a similar request from a customer and have since submitted having this option, to our software programmers here at Thermwood. I was informed that this is something that will possibly be implemented in the future. Thanks for the input!
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi everyone,

I thinks this could be something good to have it is a good idea!

Thanks Ryan for telling the programmers

Audrey
CameronEchols

Post by CameronEchols »

That would be great I am careful about renaming files before writing similar named files. I have had my employee's write over some of my files that take 30 min to write and that aggravates me.