No, I hate Hurricanes
5%

Total votes: 19

Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Take a moment please......

Post by Mike Bowers »

Hello all
I would like to throw out an idea to all you eCabinets members who have gone though training for the software. I’m sure we can all agree that the training is fast paced & some areas of the training past with a blur. But there are many of us out there that have a more of a “Hands On” type of style. My point you ask; how many of you members would be interested in having ”Specialized” refresher courses on areas like “Hole & Shape Editors” among others. I would gladly spearhead in coordination with Thermwood, an event for advanced training in the above mentioned areas here in the St. Petersburg, Fl area. The criteria could be covered in a 1 or 2 day event being specialized. I think this could be very helpful for us non-router shops to communicate with equipped shops for outsource purposes. This is not an idea limited for any particular region; I encourage other members across the country & worldwide to get involved as well. This could be a good way for us to advance our eCab education & network with other members. How about it? Please give me some feed back if you vote.
Thank You
Mike Bowers
We love what we do, we do it well.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

It wood be good if the training class could come down under as well!

Thanks

Thom Davies
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

I'll vote for that !!!
This message made from recycled electrons.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Ditto!
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

I could have one in Houston, Texas. Since we have a CNC do you think that would be of help to the non CNC users? I think it may help them in their design to see what works more efficiently for them when the sheets are machined. Blind dado and KD fittings (rafix minicams) are my choices.
I can't wait until we have the dovetail perfected and are able to bring the parts into the part editor. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks,
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Great idea. Advanced classes would be nice. Maybe in 'Vegas.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Just wondering would thermwood consider having a training camp in oz if enough people showed intrest in it?

Thanks

Thom Davies.
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

We have had a few people vote but what I need to see is some commitment by interested members before we go any further in pursuing this. How about showing a tad bit more commitment, please give me some feed back on who would be willing to come to Florida for a class & month in which you could make it. If I could get a half assed head count, it will be easier in getting a group rates on accommodations for you members, not to mention approaching Thermwood about this. With a little planning, we might even be able to do this in a teleconference type format. Feed back please…
Mike
Taz Conzole

Learning

Post by Taz Conzole »

Mike,
As you no will have my machine soon week of 6/19 I STRONGLY belive in You Can't Learn Enough Let me no when and where an if I can do anything to help Please advise. I hope that more people in Fl that use ecab responed. I am setting up shop about 99% ready so if anyone needs time on my machine I could use the work to get me started.
Thanks
Taz :D
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Thanks Taz

On another note, I looked at the vote. Who does'nt like our Gators & Hurricanes. I'm not talking collage football either. :lol:
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

The thing I'm curious about is this. My son's girl friend was over for dinner last night and we were talking about various subjects. We got around to vacation in Florida and my son brought up a sign he had seen once before on a trip to Florida: \"Please do not molest the alligators\".

Now, why on earth would you need a sign telling anyone not to molest an alligator? To me, that seems like a candidate for the dumbest sign in the universe.

Do alligator molesters have to register as sex offenders :lol: ?
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

DanEpps wrote:The thing I'm curious about is this. My son's girl friend was over for dinner last night and we were talking about various subjects. We got around to vacation in Florida and my son brought up a sign he had seen once before on a trip to Florida: "Please do not molest the alligators".

Now, why on earth would you need a sign telling anyone not to molest an alligator? To me, that seems like a candidate for the dumbest sign in the universe.
Do alligator molesters have to register as sex offenders
:lol: ?
Let's hope so...lol
Some people do the dumbest things, like throw stuff at them & the really bright people see how close of a look with a nice little poodle named "Fe Fe" in tow. Thats like ringing the dinner bell for a gator! lol. There was a story I resently read about this lady that after returning from a walk with her dog, started hearing an off & on pounding on the door she walked through minutes before, alway looking through the peephole in the door. She thought it was kids knocking & running. So she waited by the door, then.... Bingo! Opened the door to find an 8' gator with a bloody snout from all its pounding, she closed the door quickly & called the police. I can't remember where in Fla it was right before the start of all the gator attacks.

Mike
Attachments
266-floridapostcard.jpg
266-floridapostcard.jpg (29.92 KiB) Viewed 12638 times